Last week was my first time participating in Macro Monday because last week was the first time I ever used my macro lens. I'm still going through some of the pictures I took and I keep going back to this one of the Japanese Beetle. My mom hates these things because they are destoying her garden, which I totally understand, but I love the color of their wings.
Humorously, they also remind me of my younger daughter. Who knew something that cute could be that destructive?
So, I'm using this picture for this weeks Macro Monday and because of the color of the flower, Mellow Yellow Monday.
Thanks for visiting!
He is such an unusual fella...love those colors!
ReplyDeleteGreat capture.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mellow Yellow Monday!
Liz @ MLC
Lovely flower. I like the yellow that is hiding deep down in the petals. That beetle really stands out!
ReplyDeleteMy Macro Monday image
That is a lovely contrast. The softness of the yellow bloom and the scratchiness of the beetle. I like that sort of contrast in a photograph very much.
ReplyDeleteWonderful shot!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice he choose the white flower to make himself really stand out for your attention.
Their green color is appealing but they are little destructive nuisances.
(Round The Bend)
Bugs always fascinate me!! Taking it's pictures even more challenging!! Great shot indeed!
ReplyDeleteGreat macro shot, the bug is colorful.
ReplyDeleteHe's gorgeous!! Love his colouring and the metallic sheen. We don't have them here, I don't think, but we have Lily Beetles which are just as gorgeous (scarlet and black, and very shiny). I can't kill them, so I have no lilies. :LOL
ReplyDeleteI hate those darn beetles, too (they decimate my hibiscus) but that is still one pretty photo!
ReplyDeleteIt's soooooo colorful against the white blossom.
ReplyDeleteMy Macro is Nautical And I also added a bit about a new meme I'm inviting everyone; if you'd like to join in on the challenge. Come over and find out what day on which it will take place....join me?
Hope your Monday is treating you well.
Cool picture.It has pretty neat colors. Much easier to look at in a photo than in real life, lol.
ReplyDeleteApparently you do love bugs and flowers...but you do such great work with them. Don't stop! I love it. Oh, and congrats on the win for the photo below. You deserved it!
ReplyDeletelovely shot, looks like your macro is working out for you!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great MYM shot. The bug has such wonderful coloring. And the rose is so delicately tinted. Nice contrasts.
ReplyDeletea beautiful shot!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot but not one of my favourite bugs!
ReplyDeleteYes, that's a nasty but to a gardener. Great photo, though. Congratulations on the new macro lens.
ReplyDelete