Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Black and White Wednesday

This is my first time participating in Black and White Wednesday. I only really just started learning how to use my camera (in something other than auto!) within the last 8 months or so. As my pictures got better I realized that I really needed to learn how to use the photoshop and lightroom programs that have been collecting dust on my computer. A few months back I wouldn't have been able to tell you the difference between hitting the black and white button in picasa and actually doing the conversion yourself. I'm still terribly new at it but practice makes perfect!

This photo is one of my Grandma's favorites. She shows it to everyone and anyone who comes to her house, including the mailman.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

the long road

Thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

  1. I love this photo. The sun back-lighting is perfect. What an adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, great catchlights!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet, candid photo! Looks perfect in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers - her eyes are stunning. What a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your grandma picks a good one to show off...its a beautiful shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful conversion. If you really want to try something new. Do a shoot in b/w mode on your camera. It is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a gorgeous picture. Your black and white conversion is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looks like you've nailed it! This photo is stunning!

    Donna
    Our Blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite shots too. I hope you've printed it at a minimum...maybe canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful picture! Love her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a beautiful photo. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! I love it. I am just starting to play with photoshop, but I have no idea where to start. Are you using any books or guides? I could use all the help I can get it is like a foreign language to me

    ReplyDelete