Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trendy Treehouse challenge "Weddings"

I love weddings!!!! I loved my wedding, I love family weddings, I love any wedding. They are a time to celebrate all things good. Love, family, faith, and food. Nothing tastes quite as sweet as wedding cake!

So, now that I'm trying to learn more about using my camera I love weddings even more because it gives me a chance to take pictures of people other than my girls. But I'm very careful not to become the "Uncle Bob." According to the photographers I know, there's an "Uncle Bob" at every wedding. The guy who thinks that just because he has a DSLR that he knows better than the professional photographer that the couple hired. He gets in the way of shots. His flash is going off in church. He's just generally annoying. I vow never to be "Uncle Bob." I vow to stay out of the way. And if you, the pro, feel like I'm staring at you, it's just because I'm stalking your equipment.

So, the photo challenge over at trendy treehouse this week is weddings. My cousin Christi got married two weeks ago at a beautiful affair up in Northern WI. I just loved their getaway car!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Thanks for visiting! For more beautiful wedding photos head on over to trendy treehouse!

ILoveTrendyTreehousePolaroid

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot!!!!! I love the angle, the excitement you captured & that you made it black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great capture! As a wedding photographer I understand the "uncle Bob" statement. I can tell you were out of the way on this one and sometimes those are the best shots and the ones the photographers miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Jamie, the photographer was actually on the other side of the car at this point and I felt bad for her because there were about 20 family members with their point and shoots who kept walking right in front of her. I'm not sure how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your photo at Shutter Love Tuesdays. Great shot! I love B&W!

    ReplyDelete