Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Touch up Tues!

This is my first time participating in Touch up Tues. Post processing has always been my achilles tendon. I feel like a kindergardener every time I open LightRoom. Part of it is that my style is very minimal. I want my pictures to look like I didn't have to touch them afterward. But of course I do. Especially now since I'm spending more time shooting in Raw.

Anyhow, I was looking through some older photos and came across this one. Shot in auto mode before I had any clue how to use my camera, it was in serious need of some adjusting. I feel like it's still a little off in color, but a lot better than the original!

SOOC:


And my edit:


For more before and afters, visit Touch up Tues!




Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Much warmer and what a precious "kiss!" :)

    I relate to your "auto" comment b/c I lived there for a long time after buying my camera. I'm *trying* to figure all these things out and it's getting better but I will admit to visiting "Auto World" on occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...LOVE it! So warm and lovely! :-) What an adorable shot too! I always start off with shots that are too cool, and then I need to warm them up. You'd think I would just adjust my white balance, right? - LOL! I'm so glad you did touch-up Tuesday this week. Thanks so much for your edit. It's beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did great and I think you're better than you realize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done the Touch Up Tuesdays as well and I was wondering if I should participate. I'm nothing close to a photographer. I wanted to stop by and tell you I am a fan of your photos and I'm your newest follower.

    I am at anotherdayanotherdiaper-mom.blogspot.com if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo, I LOVE how it turned out! It's warm and summery and very soft. Great job! (ps, I also really love the newest post - Isabelle attempts a macro. so cute.)

    Thanks for commenting on my photos!

    ReplyDelete